Do you want to welcome 2021 by giving a facelift to your website?
As technology and people’s taste changes, you also need to change how you engage with your customers.
Your website is the first touchpoint for your customers to interact with your business.
It should reflect the modern trends for effective communication.
In simple words, you need to understand market trends and present things in a manner your target audience likes.
From this, you must have understood why redesigning a website is essential for your business from time-to-time.
However, to successfully redesign your website, you have to plan in detail.
Do not get frustrated if this stage takes a long time.
If your planning is perfect, your website would provide quality leads for your business as well as create a loyal customer base.
One of the essential items that you need when redesigning your website is having a checklist.
It would help you to avoid the pitfalls of forgetting something important.
To make your task easy, here we are going to share with you a step-by-step checklist for website redesigning.
By following this checklist, you can restyle your website without negatively affecting the search engine optimization or the conversion rate.
Eight points to consider to revamp your website
Let us first take an overview of what elements of your website design you should focus on.
After that, we can go into specifics. Here are some of the important steps you need to follow to revamp your website.
Make a comprehensive plan
The most important part of your website redesigning project is having a good plan in place.
You should be clear about what you want to achieve by redesigning your website and how you want to do it.
The planning process can be further broken down into; Goals, Users, and Competitors Analysis.
Set your goals
You should set properly defined and measurable goals so that you can check whether you are meeting the target.
To set the right goals the following questions need to be answered.
- What can you achieve by redesigning your website?
- How much can you spend on this project?
- How much time can you give to make this project successful?
Who will use your website?
You must keep in mind the user profile and what interests them.
To do it perfectly you should find answers to these questions.
- Who do you want to target?
- The most popular page of your website.
- Is the flow of content on your website smooth?
- Which keywords are attracting the maximum traffic?
Analyzing your competitor’s website
You should also analyze the content of your competitors thoroughly.
Carefully look at those elements that are working to his/her advantage that you can replicate in your website in a better way.
Design and development stage of your website
Design is one of the most important parts of your website.
Research has shown that the first impression created by a website helps in improving the conversion rate.
To ensure that you create the perfect design, you should look at the following points in your existing website.
- What are the best and worst parts of your current website?
- Does your website require attractive graphics?
- The response to your current website is getting from the users.
- The best colors to make the presentation more attractive.
Web development is a specialized job in which you have to work on multiple verticals including color, navigation, and loading time.
During the web development process, you have to look at the following factors carefully.
- Make your website multi-browser compatible.
- Put great emphasis on ease of navigation.
- Does the analytics work perfectly?
- Is the website optimized for mobile platforms?
An effective SEO strategy
When you are redesigning your website, you do not want to negate all the efforts you have put in the past to get a higher ranking.
You can do the following to ensure that your SEO strategy works fine post redesigning your website.
- Check the Meta tags of your website.
- Analyze the current keywords to find whether they are relevant at present.
- Create titles and Meta tags that include keywords for your website.
- Look for blocked content with robots.txt and 404 errors.
- Redirect the internal and external links to get optimum results.
- Make a list of contents that are indexed by the search engine.
- Prioritize the web pages and update the URL.
- Redirect old links to new links.
- Submit the XML site map to the search console.
- Index any new links or pages.
- Look for crawl rate errors.
Content strategy for your website
Having the right content strategy is essential to attract your target audience and persuade them to stay on your website for a longer period.
Here will give you a few tips on how to make the content of your website trendy and relevant so that it fits perfectly with the redesigned website to attract more customers.
- Carefully choose what content should stay.
- What content is attracting your target audience?
- Figure out a way to recycle your old content by adding new figures or rewriting them.
- Find whether you need to add a call to the action button.
Launching your redesigned website
After you have completed all the steps that we have shared with you above, it is time to relaunch the website in its new Avatar.
You must check the revamped website post-launch to look at the following points.
- Are all the elements functioning flawlessly?
- Does the design look the same as that you have approved?
- Do the old pages redirected to the new pages?
- Are tracking scripts in place?
- Backup for a quick restore.
If you follow this checklist before you launch your website, then you will find the post-launch event easy to manage.