Windows are a vital part of your house. Not only they are important for curb appeal but they are also very important in their function. They serve as an outlet for the air to pass. However, due to high functionality, it is very likely for the windows to get damaged or become obsolete due to normal wear and tear. So, when your windows are damaged or become obsolete; it is the best time to replace them. Replacing windows can improve your comfort, reduce energy bills, and add value to your house as well as your family’s life quality. Replacing windows will improve the ventilation and natural light in your house.
Timing is an important factor when you are planning to replace your window. But how do you know when is the right time to replace your windows? Here are a few signs that will help you know.
- Windows are worn out:
- Over time, windows often wear out, it can happen due to normal wear and tear or due to natural phenomena like rain, storm, snow, etc. Windows that are specially made of wood are more prone to wearing out. Once, the rot has set into the wood, it can be hard to stop it from decaying further. Of course, you should not leave it with rot, as it will become harder to open and close the window. Once the rot has set in, it is always better to replace them.
- High Energy Bills:
- If your windows are old and efficient or do not close properly. The heat will continue to escape as there would be no insulation in your house. Due to escaping of heat, you will end up using more of your central heating system, which will eventually make your energy bill to soar. Old windows are often prone to leakage, thus it is always a good idea to replace them with new windows which are leak proof and ensure proper insulation.
- Poor functionality:
- If your windows are poor in function, that is, they just won’t open and close, it is a big sign that you need to change them. There are plenty of reasons why the window gets stuck, one of the most common reasons is when it is been painted shut, other reason may be that your window frame is not of right fit. Whatever be the reasons, if your window is poor in its function, it’s high time to replace them with a good one. A new window will solve all those problems.
- Windows are not soundproof:
- more windows are designed to be soundproof; this makes a huge difference to the quality of life as outside noise can be quite disturbing and distracting. If you can hear the noise from outside, despite all the windows shut. It is better to replace them to give yourself peace of mind. Thus, if you want to enjoy some peace and quiet, replacing your old window is the best way to go.